Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Love Interruption

As you can probably imagine, Kraut and I have been very busy trying to get ready for Layla's arrival.  She is quite the princess already and she isn't even here yet!  Lately she moves and kicks constantly which is a feeling I absolutely love, except when she dances on my bladder.  That I don't love so much!  Anyway, one of the things I wanted to do was repaint my old dresser for her.  It actually belonged to my mom's 2 brothers Matt and Mark, and then to me, and now to Layla.

When I was about 14 or 15 my mom and i sanded off the stain and painted it white and put on new hardware.  I vividly remember how hard it was the first time, but nonetheless, Kraut and I spent this past Sunday sanding off the handy work of my mom and I from 15 years ago and repainted it again.  It was rather nostalgic for me in a lot of ways.  And one of the things that got me excited was when we took out the drawers we found this on the side of one:


You may have trouble reading the writing but it says Mark Wilkinson and is dated in '65.  It was so sweet to find this because I never had the pleasure of knowing my Uncle Mark since he was killed in a car accident while he was only in high school.  I think his handwriting makes it even more special!

Here is the dresser mid-sanding:


I wish I'd taken a real before picture for you.  The color scheme of Layla's nursery is pink and grey.  Her room is already a grey color called porpoise and we are going to run a border across the middle of the wall and paint pink below it. This gave me the idea to take a lighter grey and use it to paint the main part of the dresser and then paint the drawers in a pink.  I wanted to use a light pink on top, mid pink in the middle, and dark pink on bottom.  Its not the best photo, but here are the paint chips we picked out:


The dark pink is also the color we will use on the walls and will match the bedding that we have picked out quite perfectly!  Here is how the dresser came out:




Again not the best pictures, but I think it came out really cute, and I hope Layla appreciates it one day!  I can't wait to get the rest of her room put together!  We have a ways to go, however, we are progressing slowly but surely.

Also, I have been on a real Jack White kick lately and you know I can't leave you without a song of the day.  Jack White has had several bands and is so incredibly talented.  His latest album is a solo one called Blunderbuss and its fantastic!  I'd love to see him live one day.  Today I have 3 of his songs for you, and I had a HARD time narrowing it down to 3, so I may just have to do 3 more another day!!!

1-Love Interuption- Jack White
2- Hardest Button to Button- The White Stripes
3- Level- The Raconteurs


~Crawfish

No comments:

Post a Comment