Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ho Hey

Recently, I've been making some attempts to be crafty.  If you have been following my blog at all, then you are already well aware of my new venture into the world of photography.  In no way do I think that I'm a skilled photographer, but I like to think I'm one in the making; just like becoming a runner starts with that single step.  I think I've always had an artsy or creative side, I've just never really thought of it as "good," but I suppose thats not what its about anyway.

Coming up with ideas for Layla's nursery has been really fun and I have a couple of projects in the making that I will have to show you when they are complete.  I do have an arts and craft project that is complete that I want to share with you today.  I have been working on making some wreaths and I have one that I've completed that I was rather excited about.  My mom used to make deco mesh wreaths.  She told me she learned by watching online videos, so here are a few I found to get me started:

Deco Mesh Wreath Making-  This is great for just the basics on how to get started with deco mesh wreaths

How to Decorate a Christmas Wreath- Trees and Trends - this video showed me how to make a bow and I used the technique on a grapevine wreath I'm working on.  He also has several other videos on making garland, a mailbox topper, and tree decorations.

Deco Poly Mesh Ideas- This just shows you some different materials you can use as well as some fun ideas.  They have a website too where you can go online and purchase the items you will want to get started.

How to make a mesh wreath- styrofoam wreath form-  I've been using the wire forms with the ties, but this video shows one made on a styrofoam base.

How to Make a Deco Wreath- This one will show you how to work in a second ribbon and some tubing.

Deco Mesh Wreath- Adding Picks - In this video she shows how to add in picks or sprays that you may use to decorate your wreath.

Those are just some that I found helpful, but there are TONS of videos on youtube if you want to look for others.  I also googled wreaths and looked at a few on Pinterest before I went to Michaels or Hobby Lobby to buy stuff.  It helped me not to get too intimidated when I got to the store.  Thats a big thing to me, because I have gone to those stores several times just to "look" and since I didn't have a direction, I got overwhelmed and discouraged and left empty handed.  So here was my finished product:




I made it for my sweet friend Erin West, and was pretty pleased with how it came out.  I will show you pictures of the other 2 when I get done with them.  Hopefully soon!  

Now for the song of the day on the Soundtrack of Life, Ho Hey by The Lumineers. I love this song and its been in my head a lot lately!  Also, I have one more happy to share.....I know, who thought this post could get better?!?!!!  I saw this dog online earlier and clicked on it because I thought the dog looks an awful lot like our JJ man.  I think Kraut and I watched it for 5 minutes laughing!!!! Hope it makes you smile too!!!! 





~Crawfish

No comments:

Post a Comment